August 17, 2013

Goin' Bananas

It's a fact that bananas are very nutritious. It's a very important fruit that a whole  website is dedicated to it. It should always be a part of our diet that's why my hubby always wants me to buy it.  Unfortunately, bananas do not have a long shelf life. Most of the time, I have left over 'rotten" bananas.

I  am a self-confessed tightwad. I hate throwing things that may still be of use. Even if only one banana's left, I refuse to throw it away.  I always found a way to use it. This time, not  one,  not two , but fouurrr  bananas left!


Crazy mode searching for online recipes. I didn't know bananas can make you craaazzzyy! I found two recipes. One of which is   BananaChocolateCupcakes .  Chocolate masking the taste of banana.  A great way to trick kids to eat healthy.



Here's another one -  banana-chocolate-chip-cookies. I didn't have chocolate chips so I replaced it with chopped Reese's mini peanut butter  cups. A classic combination of banana and peanut butter in a cookie!



This Banana Cake  is from a very old recipe book. It reminded me of a Mom friend from my kids' school who  loved it. I didn't have walnuts so I used pecans instead.



Yup I made three  'concoctions'  to match the four bananas. Yeah I hear ya sayin'  "How did I save when  I used  more ingredients?" Let's just appreciate that bananas cost less  now  (approx $3/kilo) than a few years ago ($13/kilo). Lucky these bananas will never be  'bulok'

Banana Fruit Basket bought from SM
Let's eat!

super moist chocolate indulgence with  nutritious banana

crispy outside, gooey chewy inside

super moist cake , look at those fibers!
 See you next post!

No comments :

Post a Comment