August 8, 2013

My Team Leader


Where I work,  I am sort of the unofficial 'official baker' of the  team . Evey time a team mate celebrates her/his birthday we chip in and I bake the cake. Well, most of the time if I am in the mood  or I am not sick. Moody baker indeed!

Last 29 July 2013, it was my team leader's birthday. The whole team planned the morning tea surprise and everyone chipped in (money and effort!).

We decorated her pod not with balloons but with paper lanterns to be different. Someone said that our team is setting the bar!


I was in a creative mood and had this cake idea. So I made two cakes,  one big one to share with the team...

German Chocolate Cake
and one mini one for her  to take home...tadaa!

German Chocolate covered in fondant
It's a mini german chocolate cake with pecan and coconut in caramel filling covered in fondant which the whole team signed with edible markers  with a surprise sketch/caricature of her face . Again, a combination of my love of drawing and baking. We didn't show her the big cake so she would think that the small cake had to be shared with 8 other people.

Her reaction?..priceless!
"It's me! I am going to cut my face"

She even took a photo and sent it to her sister who texted back and said "It looks like you".  Here's the proof of the cake-a-like! be the judge!


We eventually gave her the big cake, of course we wanted a  slice too!


See you next post!


No comments :

Post a Comment