September 7, 2013

Angel of Inspirations

I dedicate this book to every wannabe cook 
who will dare criticism by getting into the kitchen 
and stirring up some groceries.
- Maya Angelou


I first heard of this great poet and author  while watching Oprah's show.  What an inspiring lady! From then on, I can't get enough of her. It is very rare to come across people  who  can inspire you nowadays. She has a lot of books but  I bought the one  that has both my interests - food and stories.

After an incident with a teacher, she came home to a luscious layered caramel cake baked by her grandma to make her feel better. The story is inspiring so  I made a mini version of  this traditional Southern cake.

Caramel Cake

There are many recipes for this cake out there. But  her recipe is so traditional and didn't use brown sugar. I love the taste of the burnt butter for the frosting. It has that distinct taste that  makes you eat more even if you're already full. ( I know, I know it's gluttony ).  Try making it and you'll know what I'm sayin'!

Let's have a slice.




See you next post!


No comments :

Post a Comment