September 1, 2013

Father's Day in Australia

First Sunday in September is Father's day here in Australia. Don't ask me why it is different from the rest of the world. I am still searching for the answer.  Maybe because it is also the first Sunday of Spring here.

In 2011, my daughter painted this for Father's Day,


Voltes V with the pilots painting

In July this year, my son made this 3D mask fitted to his head size,


Voltes V 3D Mask



Obvious ba na he is a fan of Voltes V.  Tananana, nanananume echo ba yung Theme Song . For all youngsters out there, Voltes V was a famous cartoon TV series in the '70s banned by the president back then because of   'violence'.  Ano daw? How ironic isn't it?  Anyway, it is now my turn  to make  it with what I love doing best - cake! (padadaig ba ako hahaha)


Voltes V Cake

I had to make sure he was already sleeping para surprise. I was in cahoots with the kids who were watching out for him  in case he wakes up. My little one cut out the letters with her Kuya who was my my technical adviser. Kuya also  'decorated' this Krispy Kreme Box box to store the cake.

"Thanks for enduring us for so long" daw hahaha!

It's orange and chocolate cake recipe sans the checkerboard style from  The Australian Bake Off covered in fondant. It took me 2 hours to decorate plus baking time.  So sayang naman pinaghirapan just to cut it, so yung 'spike" na lang ...


Spike off

My daughter, Aiko was chosen to represent her class to give a speech for Father's Day Liturgy.  Here's a copy:

Aiko's Candy Crush Speech

You need to turn off the music below now to view the video . (haha bet you are wondering how and where to turn it off!) Credit goes to my eldest daughter, Janinna for fixing it.





Here's a video of her  "Candy Crush' speech. It shows what kind of father my hubby is,  don't you think?



 Happy Father's Day  Papi!

See you next post!


No comments :

Post a Comment